Report Card

Well, the season seems far enough along that I can pretty safely say some of my Fall 2008 plantings are not coming back. I believe most of my failed purchases were do to inaccurate zone hardiness reporting. So, the losers are...

MichiganBulb:

SpringHill:
DutchGardens
I was really looking forward to the Rose Coreopsis. I have Moonbeam Coreopsis and the Rose is supposed to be a slightly shorter, pink version.

I took some time tonight to email all three of the mail order shops-- they all offer "lifetime guarantees" on their products, to report my failures. I asked for credit for the orders from MichiganBulb and SpringHill, except the Liatris and Aster. (The Liatris arrived early in the Fall and I sat on them until pretty late in the season before finally planting the corms. The asters have already replaced once before, so I'll just let those go.) And I asked for replacements for the Delphiniums from DutchGardens. Unfortunately those only ship in the Fall from them, so I am not sure what they'll do for me.

Interesting to note, SpringHill, MichiganBulb and Breck's are all part of the same company. None of them have very good ratings at Dave'sGarden Garden Watch Dog. However, I have had good luck with SpringHill and DutchGardens in the past, but this was a disappointing first order with MichiganBulb. The Lavender Mountain Lilies from them are doing well at least!

[Update, 6/13/09]

I got a positive reply from DutchGardens today-- on a Saturday!
Dear Elleni,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your order issue. I do apolgize that the Delphinium has not performed for you as expected. I have set up to have another 3 shipped out for you this fall as requested. You should see those arriving to you around the end of September.

Thanks for making Dutch Gardens your source for bulbs, perennials, and gardening information. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Sincerely,
Jonathan, Customer Service
Dutch Gardens
[Update, 6/14/09] Positive reply from SpringHill...
Thank you for your email. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have processed your request for a replacement certificate in the amount of $19.00.

You will be receiving it shortly through the mail which you may use for any merchandise through our catalog or website.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
However, the CS folks from MichiganBulb did not read the part about wanting a credit...
Thank you for your email. I apologize for the inconvenience. A reship has been issued for the item(s) requested. Your order number for the Coreopsis Rose and for the remaining items your order number [are enclosed]. Your order will ship at proper fall planting time in your area. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks from 08/31/09 for delivery on items that are available. I am enclosing the copy of your both the invoices of replacement orders for your review.
I've emailed them again requesting a credit. I have a feeling this could get complicated.

[Update, one hour later] Well, that was easy...
Thank you for your email. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have processed your request for replacement certificates in the amount of $25.97 & $9.99.

You will be receiving them shortly through the mail which you may use for any merchandise through our catalog or website.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Hum, now to go (online) window shopping!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment